Monday, August 10, 2009

Where to start again?

Hi, I've taken a break from blogging because I found it was more hurtful than productive for me for awhile. The other blogs I read that used to bring me so much hope and inspiration became a means for comparison and I was growing more depressed and bitter, feeling that my life did not "measure up" somehow.

I think the break has been good for me- sometimes it's best for me to live without so much reflection. But I do want to write about some of the small things lately, so that I can capture for myself the ways God works in the details.

Though this very difficult period of suffering will hopefully pass soon, I have a feeling it won't be the last time I feel this way. I hope next time I face difficulty like this, I can find hope and peace in knowing that EVERYTHING, even the very small things, have a purpose and that eventually the sun does break through the clouds, even when it seems like the light will never come.

No comments: