Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Eight Things

Anna tagged me so here it goes...

Eight things I'm looking forward to:

1) Being pregnant again and being able to give birth and watch my children grow, God willing

2) Going to Mexico with Juan Carlos and visiting his hometown

3) Juan Carlos and I being able to live and work in the US legally together

4) Having land and a farm (I want chickens, roosters, and horses, at least)

5) Owning our own business

6) Summer Barbeques, volleyball and soccer games and rodeos!

7) Having a (or a couple) housewarming parties in our new home

8) Seeing my sisters again


Eight things I did yesterday:

1) Talked about why the middle school aged boys from Hainan, China decided to relieve themselves on the floor instead of in the toilet and whether making them clean the bathrooms was an effective consequence

2) Talked about new job opportunities with a co-worker

3) Spent more time than I prefer with SEVIS issuing documents for new students coming in the summer and fall

4) Found out there aren't enough freshmen this fall for me to be able to teach a section of freshman year seminar, which I was really looking forward to

5) Had a meeting about the Latino Youth Summit scheduled to take place at Saint Martin's in October

6) Had a BBQ - we made carne asada with some of Juan Carlos's family and drank corona and pina coladas

7) Had a misunderstanding with Juan Carlos and then we made up

8) Ate flan and had a hot cup of decaf coffee before going to bed at 10:30pm


Eight things I wish I could do:

1) Sing really well

2) Hold Angelica

3) Learn languages easily

4) Travel with Juan Carlos outside of the country/spend a year in service somewhere

5) Enjoy exercising

6) Have peace about where I am and not worry about the future

7) Talk "face to face" with God

8) Gain wisdom without having to make so many mistakes first


Eight TV shows I watch:

Well, there's really only one I watch regularly...

1) Our favorite novela: "Manana es para siempre" (Tomorrow is forever)

No comments: