Thursday, May 6, 2010

A little validation

Yesterday, my boss surprised me with a short chat about how she and the director of the Learning and Writing Center were talking about the need for a new position that could collaborate between faculty and the international office and work on transitional programming for international students (something I've come to find I feel very passionately about).

She said the more they talked, the more they realized that the person and the qualifications they were talking about was me. The new position would report to the director of the Learning and Writing Center, a woman I admire and get along with.

My supervisor told me not to get my hopes up since they are still just "dreaming up" the position, they haven't located a space for the person or gotten the VPAA's approval, but it is fun to think about and dream. Yesterday I couldn't stop thinking about all the neat things I could do in a position like that and how wonderful it would be to work for someone that believes in me again!

Regardless of what happens, what a great feeling to be told that I was "thought of" for something like that... Strange to have your boss tell you she thinks it would basically be good if you didn't work for her anymore, but maybe I should give her credit for recognizing that it's not a good situation for either of us and I could be more effective and fulfilled doing something else...

My prayer is just that God helps me to take advantage of the opportunities where He can use me most and the right paths open at the right time. Thank you to all who have been praying for me.

No comments: