Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting closer...

What an amazing and yet very strange time to be in the last week or so before the due date and know that anything could happen at any time... We go on with life "as normal" but warn everyone we make plans with that we might have to cancel at the last minute...

Every morning when I go to work, my coworkers say, "oh, here you are again!"

I was planning to work until I REALLY went into labor, so I could take as much time afterwards as possible (I get 12 weeks/60 days altogether) but I've decided Friday will be my last day, whether the baby has come or not. If she hasn't come yet, I just want to have the time to relax, journal, cook and freeze some meals and really prepare emotionally and physically for what's to come.

I feel like work has been really consuming and stressful and it's just wearing me down. It feels great to have an "end" in sight. I am hoping and praying that I can find other work in the next couple months, so I don't have to go back, but hopefully, even if I do, I can last a bit longer with a fresh perspective...

Here are some signs we may be getting closer (though I really don't know since I've never done this before)

1) The baby's punches seem lower than before
2) My nighttime bathroom trips have doubled from 2-3 to 4-6.
3) More and more frequent Braxton Hicks, especially when I go for walks
4) Feeling crampy and like it's "that time of month"
5) Walking for 20 minutes at a time is about my limit now...
6) I don't know physically how I could possibly get any bigger
7) Juan Carlos told me last night that he thinks it will be soon because I look "weird" - thanks darling!

I have another OB appt. today so I may or may not know more after that. Last time, they told me the baby is "good sized"- at least 8 lbs and that they probably won't let me go too far past my due date, so we're hoping and praying for sometime this week. Ideally, this weekend would be great, when JC won't have to work and my sister will be in town, but most of all, of course, we just want baby Dani to be born strong and healthy. Please keep us in your prayers and I'll try to keep you posted!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Hooray! Enjoy your last few days as a two person family. We spent one of our last nights gorging on Krispy Kremes and Carl's Jr. milkshsakes. :)

Family of 4 said...

I am so excited for you!!! We can't wait to meet her!

Love,
Anna

La Familia Garcia said...

Shannon- Thanks!! They have Carl's JR and milkshakes in Mexico? When I was down there, I couldn't find milkshakes ANYWHERE and it was what I missed most! Now, you made me want one...

Anna- Thank you! I'm so happy for you too.

We'll keep you posted...