Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

Although the history of it may be a bit more controversial, I have always thought it is really neat to have a day set aside each year just dedicated to being thankful.

When I think of gratitude, I am often reminded of a vague memory I have of a movie scene (though I honestly can't remember which movie it is now) where two people are talking and one asks the other: "Why do you believe in God?" and the other person says (something to the effect of), "Have you ever seen the sky full of stars and just felt your heart full of gratitude? To feel grateful, you must feel grateful to someone- I think that's God."

I continue to thank God every day for my truly incredible family, loving, supportive friends, my amazing husband, my precious children (in heaven and in the womb), and all the blessings in my life. May I never take these for granted.

Thank you, Lord, for filling my heart with a gratitude that can only lead me back to You, the source of all blessings and the gift of life itself...

No comments: