Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The possibilities

I feel overwhelmed right now, in a good way, with the future and all the possibilities out there. There have been a couple job postings lately that have lifted my spirits and, even though they are not all the best in terms of timing, at least they remind me of things to look forward to... There are several jobs up at Pierce, where I used to work. I applied to a position of Intensive English Program Manager. They want someone to start in April, which probably would not work, but we might be able to work something out if they want me...

Then, there are two full time tenure track teaching positions open, which would be incredible- ESL and ESL and Developmental Reading...

Finally, there is a part-time ESL instructor opening and a part-time Spanish instructor opening so there's also hope of piecing some things together there... it's quite risky to leave a full time job with benefits for a couple adjunct positions though, so we'll see... It's just amazing to think of the extra time I would have as a full-time instructor and all the stress I wouldn't have compared to now.... it would be so ideal as we start growing our family....

Juan Carlos and I also have a meeting tonight to talk about a restaurant one of JC's friends is selling and that could be incredible. Of course, we don't want to jump into anything but it would be an amazing opportunity.

Plus, I've been delving more into the world of online teaching and thinking of all the possibilities to do that here and internationally... I'm not sure where to get started but I feel like I'm putting pieces in place to be able to step into an opportunity if it comes along.

I feel like between job prospects and baby coming in less than 3 months, my mind is spinning with what the future holds for us, but this is an incredibly exciting time and I am just trying to treasure the anticipation of it all.

No comments: