Sunday, January 11, 2009

Christmas and New Year's Eve

A brief summary of Christmas and New Year's Eve 2008:

December 24th- Juan Carlos's family came over for birria and tamales (yum!)

December 25th - We went to my parents' house, had breakfast, opened presents, went to a movie (while JC went to the Chinese buffet to cure his hangover), had dinner, watched CARS, the movie, and JC and I spent the night

December 28th- JC and I cooked for my Dad's side of the family who all came up to Olympia from Portland for a change- I made fresh tortillas (a personal highlight)

January 31st- We went to Amalia's apartment for pozole (it was wonderful!)

My parents gave us a new camcorder for Christmas, which we are really excited about so we can start recording memories a little better. I've included some pictures of our house from Christmas. Hopefully, I'll be able to share a lot more pictures over the coming year.


Our rooster clock...


Barstools and candles...


Our entertainment center- yes those are roosters on the top (I did not have complete control of the decor...)



Our stockings- hand-me-downs from my parents...


A 2009 Rooster Calendar from my mom (at least it "matches" everything else in the house!)




This is The Last Supper we have hanging in our dining room...





This is our nephew, Exequiel Junior with Christmas cards out on the table...






This is our Living Room....


Every year, my parents give us ornaments... This year, we got:



A rooster from a "third-world" country that goes to support someone's livelihood.




A symbol of Juan Carlos's heritage...



And a symbol of mine....


This was from last year.... The heart says "The Garcias 2007"






Our dining table....





The kitchen....







A mirror/barstool area- I love having the plants here...









The Christmas tree, the gas fireplace and our stockings hidden by a tamale pot...

No comments: