Friday, April 24, 2009

TGIF April 24th

In an effort to pull myself out of the depression that seems to be consuming me lately, I am going to use Fridays as a day to recognize my blessings and all I have to be thankful for. It's more for me than you, of course, but I'm also hopeful that being positive and grateful will spread to your lives, even through the internet...

Here are my highlights from this week:

1) I'm so grateful for my trip to Arizona with my sisters to visit my grandparents and aunt, uncle and cousins that live down there. I am waiting on my little sister to send pictures, but will hopefully post some soon. The sun and the time away was very refreshing.

2) Yesterday I came home after going to a counseling appointment I wasn't very excited about. Juan Carlos was on the computer. I walked in, and he looked up, saw my face, told me to come sit on the couch and tell him what was on my mind. He listened, gave supportive input, and gave lots of hugs and kisses. He couldn't have done anything better. I am so grateful for him.

3) This has been a struggle that is hard to turn into something of thanks, but I am thankful that in the process of trying to get pregnant again, I have learned a lot more about the miracle of what goes into the beginning of a new life and about my own body. It has been incredibly frustrating and very mysterious at times, but I am hopeful that, with time, I can come to an understanding about myself that will help me to effectively use natural family planning throughout my life. Right now, I can't imagine a time we won't be actively trying to get pregnant, but in case that day comes, I hope that the knowledge gained through this difficult experience will help us to be responsible and to be open to love the gift of life whenever and however it comes to us.

4) I'm thankful my mom always taught me "it's ok to cry" - Sometimes a "good cry" is the best remedy there is...

5) I'm thankful for the steady work that Juan Carlos and I have had the past several months. It has allowed us to continue saving for a home and also to get a new/used car. I am so thankful to not have to drive the big, orange truck around anymore, as is Juan Carlos (he was not happy about me "gastando la camioneta")

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad that you are looking for the positive things in life. I'm also happy that even though life has been really difficult, you haven't hidden, but spoken up. God is really using you to show the rest of us that life is hard, that's okay, and its something we need to share, not hide! Que Dios te bendiga amiguita!