Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby Update!!

We had an ultrasound on December 17th and got to see our little GIRL for the second time!! That's right! We're having a beautiful little girl and we're so excited!! Honestly, I got really excited Friday morning when I called Group Health to plead someone to not make me wait until my appointment on the 29th to know if everything was ok and the woman on the other line (a nurse or midwife) looked up the ultrasound and said everything was normal!! Thank God!!

I feel absolutely and totally blessed to have a healthy baby and am so so grateful. Some fun facts on our little one- on December 17th I was 18 weeks, 6 days (so a little behind when we orignally thought) but baby has very long legs and weighs 10 ounces (which my mom found out was usually what babies at 21 weeks weigh!) so it looks like she will be big!! We'll see...

Everything is starting to seem more real now that we can talk about her and I can go shopping for clothes and everything. My aunt and uncle generously gave us some wonderful baby things they don't need anymore, which will really help to save us some money and we are very thankful. Unfortunately, since they most recently had a boy, we probably won't be able to use too many of the clothes they had, but I'm sure they'll find another appreciative person to give them too or, if not, there's always a possible next time ; )

Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we continue this incredible journey. Thank you for all your continued prayers and support- it really means so much to us and we're thinking of all our friends and family often this holiday season and excited to see many of you.... Many blessings!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS Janelle! What wonderful news! We have been praying for you and your family! God is good!!

Sunny Days said...

Congrats, Janelle! What a Christmas blessing! So excited for you and your husband. Wishing you a peaceful, joy filled Christmas season!

MaryCatherine said...

I love her already!