Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Job Evaluation

I expected it to be bad but not this bad. My job evaluation today was absolutely devastating. My supervisor gave me "unsatisfactory" on absolutely every category- On a scale from 1-4, I got a 1 on everything. Considering the program has almost doubled since I've been there, retention has improved significantly, a variety of transitional programming and curriculum is now in place that wasn't before, and the program has not totally fallen apart, I don't know how that is even possible, but alas, it's happened.

I realize I am generally sensitive and do not take criticism well anyway, but for a sensitive person that really takes things to heart, it's going to take everything I have just to get up and go back to work tomorrow. I am trying to take what's helpful and let go of what's not, but it is so disheartening to get so much negative feedback and literally no positive feedback from a person's supervisor after working so hard.

My pride wants to quit more than anything in the world, though, as I've mentioned many times, that's just not a feasible option right now.

I really sincerely feel that this evaluation was given more out of a kind of desire for vengence than any genuine desire to help me improve at my job. I would go into detail, but I don't think it would make much sense to anyone unless they worked there and knew my supervisor.

Suffice it to say that I am really hoping some amazing news tomorrow about how the baby is doing great can make up for a very difficult, disheartening day today.

Please keep me in your prayers...

1 comment:

MaryCatherine said...

You are a fabulous administrator and friend. That program is what it is because of your commitment to it. I have been through what you went through...but not for 2 hours! So...I say kudos to you for putting up with it. We pray for you guys everyday, but tonight I have made phone calls and we have and will continue to pray for peace for you and that little baby and Juan Carlos as well. God has a plan for you and I admire your ability to continually strive for excellence in all that you do. Rest well and take care my friend.