Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Making it work

Hi, this is totally a "shout out" for advice and direction. I have been less than satisfied in my current position and am looking for something else. What that is, I'm really not sure, but I am definitely feeling pulled towards options that would allow me to have more autonomy and to be home more- ideally it would be education related- it might be teaching part-time, teaching online, tutoring, or maybe a combination.

Some things I have to think about are:

1) I am the main source of income for our family currently- I would need to make around $3000/month to keep our current lifestyle- could make less if we found ways to cut back

2) We have a mortgage to pay so moving somewhere cheaper is not an easy solution...

3) Somehow, I need to have some kind of health insurance for our family...

So, how did you make it work? Where did you cut back? How much were you able to save? Are you working from home? Are you working part-time? Does anyone have private health insurance or do something for health insurance that is not through work?

Please feel free to leave a comment with your story and input or write me an email if that's easier: jandjcgarcia@gmail.com

Thanks in advance- I REALLY appreciate it!

No comments: