Wednesday, October 7, 2009

First appointment and TRUST

So, I had my first appointment yesterday. I was really hoping to be able to hear the heartbeat, but they said it was still too early for the equipment they had to pick it up. I'll have to wait until our first ultrasound on October 21st.

My mom came with me since Juan Carlos had to work late - I am so grateful for her. I told her I was nervous and she gave me this, which she heard on a Catholic radio station she listens to regularly now.

False
Evidence
Appearing
Real

True
Resolve
Under
Severe
Testing

I certainly feel "tested" lately- from wondering if I am feeling "too good" for the first trimester to being worried about putting on too much weight too fast, I long for a sense of peace- that feeling that everything is going to be ok.

I know now, more than ever, that there are no guarantees- yet, I have to learn to get past that- peace does not come from guarantees that things will work out the way we want, but rather from trusting that regardless of what happens, God will be there.

May God being here with me nomatter what happens finally be enough to give me peace and may I have the faith I need to get through this, for faith is "being sure of what we hope for and certain of things we cannot see" Hebrews 11:1

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog! It is good to hear from you! Congratulations on your new child! You and your baby will be in our prayers.

Love,
Lindsey

Jennwhit6 said...

Love you and definitely praying for you :)